How to set up a Dynamic Parallel User Decision

Patrik vanOdijk patrik.van.odijk at gbg.frontec.se
Tue Jun 13 04:46:33 EDT 2000

Hello,

What I did was to implement a 1:2 paralell flow with one leg waiting for an own
defined event and the other leg processing a sub-workflow. One sub-workflow
should be started for each of the approvers just as the single step task you
have tried. In the subworkflow you trigger the event that is waited for in the
paralell leg. That way all remaining sub-workflows will be logically deleted. If
everyone has approved all sub-workflows are finished and the waitstep is
logically deleted.

The problem with this solution is that you get in synchronisation problems with
between the two legs. You solve this by stopping the flow in the sub-workflow if
anyone rejects, avoiding that instance of the sub-workflow to finish and risking
the workflow to think that all approved. That way you will loose any attachments
created in the sub-workflow, but there is an OSSnote solving that. I don't
remember the number just now.

Good luck, Patrik

"Roeske, James E." <Jamesr at ccai.net> on 2000-06-12 23:03:17

Please respond to "SAP Workflow Users' Group" <SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU>