workflow item not being created

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Wed Jul 19 01:16:57 EDT 2000

Hi Hui, Keep an eye on transaction SM58 - sometimes the raising of the event
can get stuck in the
transactional RFC monitor - it's worthwhile checking it if you suspect a
problem.

Double-check you don't have a check function of any sort on the event
linkage as this may also prevent
the event being raised in certain circumstances.  Check that you are using a
standard receiver function module
in the event linkage, e.g. SWW_WI_CREATE_VIA_EVENT.

Another thing you could do is to turn the event log on for a while and track
all events.  Be careful
however as monitoring all events can be resource hungry - maybe turn it on
over a limited off-peak
period and compare the results with your table.

Don't forget to check the workflow administrator's inbox, in case error
messages about the event
have been sent there.
Regards, Jocelyn.