AW: Task Grouping

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Tue Jul 18 14:47:06 EDT 2000

I had some mail gateway problems so David got his answer out before I =
could
transmit mine.
Basically my answer is the same as David's, but in a lot more words!
Still, I'll send it anyway.

Simon,=20
Yes, you can add the 4 tasks used by the 4 steps to one task group. To =
do=20
this you simply create the task group and insert the 4 tasks into this=20
group. When you save it you will see the number of the task group (E.g. =

TG90000001).  One limitation is that you can only add tasks of type TS, =
WS=20
or TG to a task group.=20

Now you can use this task group in SWI1, SWI2 or any of standard work =
item
analysis reports.=20

I also recommend creating task groups simply to document which =
workflows=20
belong to a particular business process. Sometimes, this is not always =
clear

and often during workflow development the tasks change as old flow=20
definitions are scrapped and new ones created. However my task group =
always=20
reflects the current status (a sort of catalogue). I don't add subflows =
or=20
tasks included in workflows because these can be navigated to from the =
task=20
group (via the flow definition).
=20
This is one of the things we talked about in the spring ASUG =
conference.=20

Best Regards,=20
Alan Rickayzen=20
SAP AG=20