Immediate Notification of High Priority Workflow Errors

Paul Niezabytowski paul.niezabytowski at kodak.com
Thu Jan 20 16:04:54 EST 2000

Most of the workflow errors that get sent the workflow administrator's
inbox are not high priority and don't have to be acted on until the next
business day.  However, there are a few errors that are high priority and
do need to be acted on right away.  For instance, when the inbound EDI
standard task (TS30200090) gets deactivated due to an error,  we would like
to page the appropriate person to have them fix the problem and reactivate
the task as quickly as possible.

Currently, we have setup automatic forwarding in the workflow
administrator's SAP Office inbox to a text pager which has the ability to
receive pages via an email address.  This works beautifully and was easy to
configure.  However, this configuration appears to only give you two
options for determining what is forwarded:
1) Forward functional documents (i.e. emails that can be executed)
2) Forward all documents.

We have configured this for functional documents only.  However, It appears
that all error messages are functional and will all be forwarded to the
text pager.  Does anyone know how to filter, more specifically (i.e. based
on certain text in the description), which messages get forwarded from an
SAP Office inbox?  Also, how do other people handle the notification of
high priority workflow errors?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Niezabytowski
Eastman Kodak Company