Workflow Wizards on 4.5

Sherri Snook sherri.snook at telops.gte.com
Thu Feb 10 08:42:16 EST 2000

Paul -

I have just completed testing this in 4.6b.  However, I was using the SAP documentation for 4.5 so I know that it exists in 4.5.

The Wizard is separated out in 4.6b (not sure about 4.5).  It is called:  "Call Workflow from Message".    In the 4.5 SAP documentation you should look in the heading:  Starting a Task from Message Long Text.  The 9 necessary container elements are described.  In addition, an entry must be made to the T100W table to link the message to a task or workflow (limited to 1 per message).  The wizard automatically creates an entry in the T100W table, however it is not necessary to use the wizard to update this table with your task or workflow number.

I have only tested a user being able to start the workflow but I assume you could replicate the commands with ABAP.   When a user receives the message, they can double click on the message line and then select the start workflow icon (Cntl +F1).

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sherri Snook
GTE - HR Technology

---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Paul Pryce" <Paul.PRYCE at orange.co.uk>, on 2/10/00 5:01 AM:

Hi All

Has anyone got any tips, notes, OSS notes etc for using Workflow Wizards on 4.5
? Specifically - I'm sure there is away of kicking off a workflow from an ABAP
error message line, I saw it demonstrated once but I can't seem to reproduce the
routine

Thanks in advance.

PP