Terminating events

Cunningham, Bill bill.cunningham at syskoplan.com
Wed Feb 9 15:39:08 EST 2000

Hi All,
We have an asynchronous task in a workflow
which has two terminating events and either
event will terminate the corresponding workitems.

We then activated (Requested Start) deadline monitoring.

The problem is that when the workitem is in a status
of waiting, for the requested start, and one of the
terminating event is raised,- the workitem continues to wait.
When the requested start time is satisfied, the workitem
changes to a ready state and is sent to the agent completely
ignoring the fact that there has been a terminating event.

We can see in the workflow log that the terminating event
has been received, but then upon requested start time,
the workitem is submitted for execution???

We could not find anything in OSS,
Has anybody come across this before?  or any ideas of
ways around this?

Thanks in advance ,

Bill Cunningham