SAP MAPI/Exchange (was: Trigger Events/Messages based on Org Cha rt changes)

Michael Pokraka MPokraka at samsungsemi.co.uk
Thu Dec 21 07:46:16 EST 2000

Hi,
Got it, note 0131795.
Thanks
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: Dart, Jocelyn [mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com]
Sent: 20 December 2000 23:55
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: SAP MAPI/Exchange (was: Trigger Events/Messages based on
Org Cha rt changes)

Hi Michael, If most of your users are SAP office users and the rest only
get occasional mails, why not use the RSWUWFML report instead?  That's
the report that can send people an email message e.g. to Outlook telling
them that there's something in their SAP inbox.
It's included in later releases and there's an OSS note with the code
for earlier releases.
The advantage is you would only need to set up an SMTP connection for this
as it is a one-way send out to the mail server - so should be less resource
intensive on both sides.
Plus you tailor the report to minimise the number of mails - e.g. just
send a generic mail per person that tells them they have workitems, instead
of one mail per workitem.
Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267