WI text annoyingly short!

Dr. Ulrich Mende wug at mende-edv-beratung.de
Sun Dec 17 17:17:31 EST 2000

Hi Michael-

why not use a dynamic inbox column (attribute1 .. attribute6)  instead of
or beside the static WI_TEXT?
What I know, the WI_TEXT is evaluated at creation time of the WI and the
result is copied
into the field SWWWIHEAD-WI_TEXT. After that it will be difficult to change
it.
In contrast to that the dynamic columns of the WIs in an inbox are evaluated
every time
that inbox is opened. (unfortunately not at every refresh)
For changeable object types I myself prefere to create virtuell
attributes attribute1..attribute6 and link them to the corresponding dynamic
columns.
(SWLD-->Administration-->Settings-->dynamic columns)
In the implementation of the column-attributes I can do what ever I want,
select data from database,
concatenate lots of fields into one string ...

Best regards Ulrich