ZOBJECT TYPES

Michael Pokraka MPokraka at samsungsemi.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 11:34:08 EST 2000

Hi Diane,
What version are you on? I stand to correction, but as of 4.x, delegation is
a standard feature of object types.

This is quite neat, and also the 'recommended' procedure:
Use your standard obj type (BUS2001) in your tasks. For starters, this makes
any upgrade path simpler. If you need to add extra attributes, methods etc,
create a subtype ZBUS2001 and set up a delegation. (Trans. SWO6, or from
your BOR - SWO1 - goto Settings -> Delegate -> System-wide). Enter your
supertype and the subtype to which 'other' stuff is delegated.
What this effectively does is:
You define e.g. ZBUS2001.MYATTRIBUTE, and then access BUS2001.MYATTRIBUTE
from your task, it will automatically execute the code contained in
ZBUS2001.

The only 'drawback' is that you can only have ONE delegation (but kinda
makes sense). Thus all your methods should be coded within the same object
type. If you have to create a ZBUS2001_2 for whatever reason, you'll have to
use that in your task.
HTH
Michael