ZOBJECT TYPES

Svanikier, Helena helena.svanikier at sap.com
Wed Dec 13 11:26:19 EST 2000

Hi Diane
If you don't want to change anything in the objecttype(i.e. additional
Attributes, additional method etc.) you don't have to create a subtype. So
you can create all your standard tasks using the object types delivered by
SAP. If further in the process you realise, that you do need to make changes
to the delivered object types, you would create Subtypes (ZOBJECT TYPES).

If you define a delegation between the delivered object type and your object
type, you won't have to change all you standard tasks, you can continue to
use delivered object type. Thanks to the delegation you will be able to
access your newly created attributes, methods and events without having to
refer to the subtype itself.

I hope I made myself clear...

Regards,
Helena Svanikier