Resolving e-mail addresses from a role

Rickayzen, Alan alan.rickayzen at sap.com
Tue Dec 12 12:23:59 EST 2000

Jan,
There are several places that the e-mail address can be stored.
E.g. The user data (su01), the HR data...

I did an ASUG presentation on advanced workflow techniques (1998) where I
extended the user object (and delegated) to include the e-mail address as an
attribute from the SU01 data. I've still got the screencam which I added to
SAPnet 5 minutes ago.

http://service.sap.com/webflow
(it may take 24 hours to replicate to the US. See media/presentations)

Unbelievably the system and source code still exist so I'm including it in
this mail. Bear in mind that I wrote the code assuming that no-one would
ever see it! The result was what counted for the demo.

Another approach would be to ask your users to create an auto-forward
address. Personally I prefer this approach because:
        a) the users can maintain this themselves
        b) you don't have to do any coding whatsoever.
If you do this you just send the mail to the user and allow the autoforward
functionality to transmit the e-mail over the internet to the users. You
need to configure your system to enable internet (or Lotus or Exchange)
mail.

Here's the code,
Alan Rickayzen

--------------------------
FUNCTION Z_SWU_INTERNET_ADDRESS_READ.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Local interface:
*"       IMPORTING
*"             VALUE(ORG_OBJECT) LIKE  RHOBJECTS STRUCTURE  RHOBJECTS
*"       TABLES
*"              ADDRESS_LIST
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

  DATA: OTYPE        LIKE SWHACTOR-OTYPE,
        OBJID        LIKE SWHACTOR-OBJID,
        OFFICE_LST   LIKE SOUSRADRI1  OCCURS 0
                          WITH HEADER LINE,
        OFFICE_ID    LIKE SOUDNAMEI1 OCCURS 0
                          WITH HEADER LINE,
        AGENT_LST    LIKE SWHACTOR  OCCURS 0
                          WITH HEADER LINE,
        T_AGENT_LST  LIKE SWHACTOR  OCCURS 0
                          WITH HEADER LINE.

* Convert PD type to Office address type.

  OTYPE = ORG_OBJECT(2).
  OBJID = ORG_OBJECT+2(*).

  CALL FUNCTION 'SWI_GET_USERS_OF_ORG_UNIT'
       EXPORTING
            OTYPE           = OTYPE
            OBJID           = OBJID
       TABLES
            USER_LIST       = T_AGENT_LST
       EXCEPTIONS
            NOT_FOUND       = 1
            NO_ACTIVE_PLVAR = 2
            OTHERS          = 3.
  CHECK SY-SUBRC = 0.
  APPEND LINES OF T_AGENT_LST[] TO AGENT_LST[].

  SORT AGENT_LST.
  DELETE  ADJACENT DUPLICATES FROM AGENT_LST.

  CLEAR OFFICE_LST. REFRESH OFFICE_LST.
  OFFICE_LST-COM_TYPE = 'INT'.         "Communication method = Internet

* Find the addresses.
  LOOP AT AGENT_LST.
    REFRESH OFFICE_ID. CLEAR OFFICE_ID.
    OFFICE_ID-SAPNAME = AGENT_LST+2(*).
    CALL FUNCTION 'SO_NAME_CONVERT_API1'
         EXPORTING
              NAME            = OFFICE_ID
         TABLES
              NAMES           = OFFICE_ID
         EXCEPTIONS
              USER_NOT_EXIST  = 1
              PARAMETER_ERROR = 2
              X_ERROR         = 3
              OTHERS          = 4.

    CHECK SY-SUBRC = 0.
    LOOP AT OFFICE_ID WHERE USERID <> ''.
      OFFICE_LST-USERID = OFFICE_ID-USERID.
      APPEND OFFICE_LST.
    ENDLOOP.

  ENDLOOP.

  CALL FUNCTION 'SO_USER_ADDRESS_READ_API1'
       TABLES
            USER_ADDRESS    = OFFICE_LST
       EXCEPTIONS
            ENQUEUE_ERRROR  = 1
            PARAMETER_ERROR = 2
            X_ERROR         = 3
            OTHERS          = 4.
  LOOP AT OFFICE_LST WHERE
                        ADDRESS <> ''.
    APPEND OFFICE_LST-ADDRESS TO ADDRESS_LIST.
  ENDLOOP.

  SORT ADDRESS_LIST.
  DELETE ADJACENT DUPLICATES FROM ADDRESS_LIST.

ENDFUNCTION.