Email with Embedded Objects/Attachments

Jim Sauceman sauceman at utk.edu
Mon Dec 11 13:41:42 EST 2000

Workflow Gurus,

I find the ability to display workflow =93Objects and attachments=94 from a mere
mouse click in the Preview area of the Business Workplace a very valuable
feature of R/3 (46B). I expect that my user community will make use of this
feature quite frequently especially when a work item has attachments.

My question: Is there a way to make the =93Objects and attachments=94 appear in
the Preview area of an email document as they do for work items? When an
approval work item is going to be rejected, I would like the agent to be able
to attach a document describing his/her reason for rejecting the transaction.
Then, when the Reject event occurs, I want to send the originating agent an
email that contains all attachments along with a link to the object itself so
the originator can review the object and the reason for rejection [with two
mouse clicks].

On a similar note, is there a way to send an email about a work item that
contains a reference (link) to the object of the work item? I can send the
email, and its subject is constructed as =93Re: <old subject>=94, but there is no
object reference in the email document on which the receiver can easily click.
Am I just doing it wrong?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Jim Sauceman.............................sauceman at tennessee.edu
University of Tennessee..................Voice: (865) 974-2448
Manager, Database and Technical Support..Fax:   (865) 974-4810
Project IRIS Workflow Team Leader