[Reporting-announce] Tableau @ MIT

George Roch g_roch at mit.edu
Tue Oct 3 10:55:22 EDT 2017

Hello All,

Tableau is the newest reporting tool that has been rolled out to the MIT community. Tableau allows the user to visualize their data in rich and interactive charts and visualizations. We already have numerous reports and dashboards that are shared on Tableau server and that library continues to grow.

Whether you’ve already developed and shared some Tableau reports, or you’re just getting started with the tool, we have an event you’ll want to attend. IS&T is hosting our first Networking and Showcase event: Tableau @ MIT!

During this event, we will have Derek Wietsma, from the Office of Sustainability, presenting the Energize MIT Dashboard. This dashboard is a great example of how we can use Tableau to make sense of a lot of data. This dashboard took much time and effort to get it looking as great as it does. Derek will discuss this dashboard and be available to answer questions about the challenges of getting it up and running.

In addition to this great demonstration of the Energize MIT Dashboard, you’ll have the opportunity to network with other Tableau users from across different DLCs. This is a great time to find out who else is using Tableau at MIT. People across DLCs often need to report on the same things. Now’s your chance to see how others are using Tableau to answer the same questions you are answering.