[panda-users] Tracing instructions from kernel space

Jayashree Mohan jayashree2912 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 10:35:15 EST 2018

Hi all,

I am using PANDA to trace all store instructions in an emulated pmem
device. I do this by writing a plugin that issues calbacks on
"PANDA_CB_VIRT_MEM_AFTER_WRITE" events. If I run a simple workload
that does write() system calls followed by mmap and memcpy, I can see
the callbacks being triggered for the user-space memcpy calls to a
file, but not anytime during the write system call. Does PANDA allow
tracing instructions from the kernel space?

Thanks,
Jayashree Mohan