[panda-users] Memory callbacks and x86_64

Vincent Lee vincent_lee at utexas.edu
Fri Feb 23 17:43:20 EST 2018

Hello,

I am trying to setup PANDA for monitoring the physical memory accesses of a
x86_64 guest.
I've written a toy test plugin [0], and have also tried running the
stringsearch plugin looking for the hostname of the machine, as well as
generic phrases likely to show up in logs, such as "Arch Linux" or "memory".

However, no results are returned from stringsearch, and my test plugin
records no accesses on any part of memory. PANDA is built from 8730ffb on
Ubuntu 16.04 with the install_ubuntu script.

Have I set up my environment incorrectly, or are memory callbacks not
supported on x86_64?
If they are not supported, is there a similar tool I can use to trace guest
physical memory accesses on x86_64?

Thanks in advance,
Vincent

[0] https://gist.github.com/williewillus/f0c96d8652e0f8b538da0c162c82069c