[panda-users] Question about file_taint

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at nyu.edu
Tue Dec 18 17:00:01 EST 2018

For (2), syscalls2 only supports analyzing 32 bit guests, but it should
compile on a 64-bit host operating system just fine (this is the
configuration we use normally). Could you post the error you’re getting
when trying to compile it?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 3:58 PM Vikas Puri <vpurinet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am attempting to use the file_taint plugin. However, I am running into a
> few problems (listed below). I am attempting to run this on a ubuntu 16.04
> host and guest:
>
>    1. "file_taint" depends on the taint2 plugin. Taint2 requires LLVM.
>    LLVM support requires a 64-bit host OS.
>    2. file_taint also requires the syscalls2 plugin. Syscalls2 seems to
>    be supported for the ARM and i386 CPU families. It does not appear to be
>    supported on x86_64 platforms. I get an error when executing this on a
>    x86_64 Ubuntu 16.04 host.
>    3. Given the constraints of items 1 and 2, I cannot identify a host OS
>    that I can use to build and execute file_taint.
>
> Any suggestions that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> -Vikas

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt
Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering
NYU Tandon School of Engineering