[panda-users] Question about file_taint

Vikas Puri vpurinet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:57:53 EST 2018

Hello,

I am attempting to use the file_taint plugin. However, I am running into a
few problems (listed below). I am attempting to run this on a ubuntu 16.04
host and guest:

   1. "file_taint" depends on the taint2 plugin. Taint2 requires LLVM. LLVM
   support requires a 64-bit host OS.
   2. file_taint also requires the syscalls2 plugin. Syscalls2 seems to be
   supported for the ARM and i386 CPU families. It does not appear to be
   supported on x86_64 platforms. I get an error when executing this on a
   x86_64 Ubuntu 16.04 host.
   3. Given the constraints of items 1 and 2, I cannot identify a host OS
   that I can use to build and execute file_taint.

Any suggestions that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

-Vikas