[panda-users] How to use volatility with memsavep dumps

Giovanni Mascellani g.mascellani at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 18:05:39 EDT 2016

Hi.

Il 21/10/2016 21:57, Brendan Dolan-Gavitt ha scritto:
> I think I have seen this before, but can't reproduce it at the moment.
> Do other values of percent= work? And, is ssltest something you can
> share so we can debug?

It turned out that the problem is that I did not specify a profile. I
think that volatility interprets the image as being some Windows
version, but it is not; volatility is puzzled and believes that the
problem is in the address space. Specifying the right profile solves
everything.

BTW, I plan to publish the test RR anyway, as soon as I find the time to
clean a bit the plugins I am developing in my personal branch and write
some docs.

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani at gmail.com>
PhD Student - Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy

http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani