[panda-users] Relationship between the address space in tap points and asid of the processes

Julia Gustafsson gustafssonjulia92 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 08:18:54 EST 2016

Hello,

I have a question regarding the relationship between the adress space in
the tap points and the adress space identifier (ASID) in asidstory.

For example if I have this tap point:
000000006da68ba1 000000006da803e0 000000003f98b320

I can see in by using asidstory :
Name               Asid
iexplore2          3f98b320

Can I draw the conclusion then that on that tap point internet explorer,
process iexplore2, is reading  or writing on that tap point?

On debian I got this tap point:
b70904b9 b6e39550 0c3a5000

And in asidstory I get:
Name            Asid
gnome-term  cc3a5000

Can I draw the conlusion then that on that tap point the terminal, process
gnome-term, is reading or writing on that tap point?  In that case, why
does gnome-term has an extra "c" in its asid than the adress space on the
tap point?

I have basic memory knowledge, and I'm using PANDA for analyzing program
execution so I'm very happy for help.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Julia