[panda-users] Announcing PANDA 2.0

Giovanni Mascellani g.mascellani at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:49:01 EST 2016

Dear Brendan,

thanks for the good news and for the hard work, yours and of the others
in the team.

Il 28/11/2016 23:46, Brendan Dolan-Gavitt ha scritto:
> The main goal of PANDA 2.0 is to re-sync with upstream QEMU,
> allowing us to take advantage of all of these improvements. We've also
> restructured the repository, which will make it easier to keep up with
> upstream changes in the future.

Does this mean that PANDA will be more or less continuously rebased on
QEMU, or this will happen again at discrete moments like between PANDA
1.0 and 2.0?

Also, just out of curiosity, has the possibility of integrating PANDA
features (maybe controlling them with a compilation flag) in upstream
QEMU ever considered? I'm not saying that it should, but I would like to
know PANDA's authors' view on this. Apart from what goes in the panda/
directory, which is clearly separated from the rest, the modifications
in QEMU are not big, are they?

Thanks, Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <g.mascellani at gmail.com>
PhD Student - Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy

http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~mascellani