[panda-users] Replaying "real'' session

Igor R boost.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:11:50 EDT 2015

> If by "see" you mean actually watch it on-screen, this is not possible
> since we do not run devices during replay, meaning the video card
> doesn't get updated (you can use the replaymovie plugin to take
> screenshots of the framebuffer during a replay and stitch them
> together into a video though).

Great, thanks, I probably missed this point in the documentation.
Now I'm trying to use this plugin, but for some reason no images get
produced (I can't see any on the harddisk).
I use panda vm from Oct.2014.
I start recording like this:

echo "begin_record rec1" | x86_64-softmmu/qemu-system-x86_64 -m 256 -hda
../../qcow/debian_squeeze_i386_standard.qcow2 -monitor stdio

When qemu starts linux, I run ls, cd, etc, then exit qemu. The logs get
created. Now I try to replay with the plugin by running qemu with the
following args: -m 256 -replay rec1 -display none -panda 'replaymovie'
The plugin gets loaded and the replay runs, but no images are created.
What could be the reason?