[panda-users] Replaying "real'' session

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at gatech.edu
Tue Mar 10 19:47:34 EDT 2015

If by "see" you mean actually watch it on-screen, this is not possible
since we do not run devices during replay, meaning the video card
doesn't get updated (you can use the replaymovie plugin to take
screenshots of the framebuffer during a replay and stitch them
together into a video though).

Everything that happened in the original recording (loading ls into
memory, executing it, etc.) will happen again during the replay – as
far as CPU and RAM are concerned. All of the same instructions will be
executed, memory read and written as it was during the initial
recording, and you can interpose on them using PANDA callbacks.

Does that clarify things?

-Brendan