[panda-users] Understanding plugins

Igor R boost.lists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 14:28:15 EDT 2015

> Basic-block granularity is perfectly fine. Does PANDA have some API to
> start/stop recording, or should I somehow access QEMU monitor facilities directly?

After taking a look at the code, it looks like begin_record monitor
command eventually invokes qmp_begin_record() function, which just
sets the appropriate flag. The flag is tested in vl.c:main_loop()
function, which then triggers start/stop. So I guess, if I'd invoke
qmp_begin_record() from within PANDA_CB_BEFORE_BLOCK_EXEC callback,
the request wouldn't be processed synchronously, i.e. the recording
wouldn't start from the current instruction. Is there a way to make
synchronous start?

>From this code, it also looks like it's impossible to start another
recording, when the current one is in progress, is it?