[panda-users] Compiling user mode qemu

Brendan Dolan-Gavitt brendandg at gatech.edu
Mon Feb 16 13:55:19 EST 2015

Hi,

The user-mode pieces are not supported by PANDA. For a while we tried
to allow it to continue to compile by wrapping the whole-system
portions in #ifdef CONFIG_SOFTMMU, but eventually since no one was
using it we stopped.

A lot of PANDA's functionality was not supported in user-mode any way,
even when it did compile: record/replay, memory callbacks, and a few
other things were all unsupported.

-Brendan