[PageOneX] [dev] Help review PageOneX logs and... update RoR!

pablo rey pablo at basurama.org
Mon Nov 9 05:25:06 EST 2020

Hi everyone,
You receive this because you were once subscribed to this PageOneX
development list. The software that helps analyze newspaper front pages.

There are currently some problems with Pageonex performance and it crashes
once in a while. The problem is not new, but it seems to be going worse
recently.

This email is to ask you two questions:

   - *Would you be interested in participating in the upgrade of Pageonex
   Ruby on Rail and its dependencies? *https://github.com/montera34/pageonex
   We have been planning since years ago to update RoR, but haven't
   actively started.

   - *Would you like to help reviewing the logs* to understand what is
   going on that crashes the site once in a while? (see attachment). We
   recently moved to a new server at the MIT Data + Feminism Lab, which is
   great news, as Civic Media server was closing, but we don't have full
   access to the server to make all the required tests. That's why I share
   these logs.

In the following months I plan to heavily use Pageonex for my PhD research
and it'd be very helpful to have it working properly.

Pageonex is still a useful tool and people keep using it even with the
performance problems.

Thanks!
Pablo