[PageOneX] [dev] collaborators feature ready?

pablo rey pablo at basurama.org
Mon Jun 10 14:24:42 EDT 2013

My answers bellow.

*One important security thing*: we should not let the auto-complete, when
adding collaborators, find the user's email. I already pulled in
production, and having all those emails available is not a good thing.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Edward Platt <elplatt at media.mit.edu>wrote:

> Ah, I'll look into the add button.
>
> Thoughts on making the icons more recognizable:
> * We can switch to an identicon (unique geometric shape) for users who
> don't have gravatars.

I'll make one.

 * The icons are currently semi-transparent, should we make them fully
> opaque?

To keep the page visualization clean we should display the icons only when
you hover the area. The important thing is still the area, not the creator.
So make them opaque if we make it only appear when hovering.
You can preview it in this thread
http://pageonex.com/matrushka/gezi-parki-protests-in-turkish-newspapers/coding/?i=haberturk-2013-06-09
with
2 users.

> * We can add the username, but I worry it might start to look cluttered.

The same here, only when you hover over the icon, you can read the user's
name.

> * Also, should collaborators be identified by email or username?  I went
> with email, just to get the functionality out, but we could switch to
> username.

I like the idea of being able to use both username and email. If that's not
possible, better username, so you don't have to ask users for their emails.

>>> http://civic.mit.edu