[Olympus] OLYMPUS article from Physics Today being republished

Axel Schmidt axel.w.schmidt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:21:36 EST 2018

Dear colleagues,

IMHO, as far as the MIE luminosity analysis is concerned, we’re really up against a hard limit there. I could imagine improving our confidence in the systematics if the dynamic range of the SyMBs had included more pile-up points. But as things stand, I don’t think the luminosity uncertainty can be reduced further, even with manpower. The dominant systematic comes from the accuracy of the optical survey. Unfortunately, it’s too late to do anything about that.

Sorry that the news isn’t better,
Axel