[Olympus] Things to investigate for the tracking

Douglas K Hasell hasell at mit.edu
Tue Mar 10 17:28:37 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

	The meeting at ASU went very well and the workshops concentrating on tracking and luminosity were very productive.  Michael will send some notes regarding the luminosity determination.  Below I list some of the things we agreed to pursue for the tracking.

	The current tracking is quite slow (or needs a lot of computing resources).  We identified a number of things to investigate to speed up the tracking:

For the jump scans optimise the depth, number, and kinematics of the jumps.

Investigate excluding hits before passing the event to the tracker.  Possible to exclude hits based on an initial fit to the clusters.

Optimise the initial parameters based on a simple (circle) fit to the clusters.

Determine what causes a large number of track candidates to be tracked for the same set of clusters.

Other things to be done for the tracking:

	- redo the time to distance determination

	- optimise the lamdba / beta parameters in the EAA

	- study wire chamber track / hit efficiency

	- incorporate the pion generator to see if this can explain some of the excess seen in data

Cambridge, MA 02139, USA                      E-mail: hasell at mit.edu