[Olympus] Talk for PANIC 2014

Uwe Schneekloth uwe.schneekloth at desy.de
Wed Aug 13 04:30:11 EDT 2014

Dear Dmitry,

a few comments:

Although your talk will be after Norik's presentation, you should have one or two slides on
OLYMPUS, the motivation and requirements on the luminosity measurement. You should
mention that we need a precise measurement of the luminosity ratio, no high precision on the
absolute luminosity. During the presentation you can be very short on this.

The detector figures on slides 5 and 12 are very dark and hard to understand. You
could take figures from previous talks.

I would include  pictures the 12  degree and Moller systems.

On page 6, mention two arms with 3 GEM and 3 MWPC and trigger counters.

You have quite some results on the 12deg., but very few on the Moller system.
Do the 12 deg. data include Brian's most recent corrections and bug fixes?
It would be nice to see some more Moller results.

You should also mention systematic studies, e.g. box vs. elliptical cuts, beam
position dependence, calibration of BPMs, .... and the new Moller/Bhabha generator with
radiative corrections.

Best regards,
Uwe