[Olympus] Preliminary version of PRC talk

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Sat Apr 19 17:57:56 EDT 2014

Dear Uwe,

I think this looks quite good already. Few comments below.

page 4: the ratio formula ... the notation is somewhat unclear.
The effect of the 1gamma+2gamma interference on the cross section ratio is
4 times the real part of the product of 1-gamma^* and 2-gamma
'amplitudes'.
Alternatively, introduce delta_2gamma as a correction to the Born cross
section via (sigma_Born(1 +- delta_2gamma), then the cross section ratio
is e+/e- = 1 + 2*delta_2gamma (some people define it with the opposite
sign).

page 5: Swedish o/ in Moller

page 8:
SC lumi: I would assign ~20% to the absolute uncertainty. 'Relative'
should be specified or distinguished for e+/e-, or as 'relative to the
mean' of the same species as a function of time.

12deg: Add: two independent sectors or arms

SYMB: Add: symmetric e+- e scattering, coincident

page 10: 'any' four planes (like same bullet on page 11)

do you want to show the momentum plot and advertise the progress made with
the radiated MC, and the accounting of internal and external
bremsstrahlung?

page 12: if the radiated MC is used here: has it been different for e+
and e- runs, or one average MC for for all?

page 17: Monte Carlo cross section - is this the toy MC (I think yes), and
is the run dependence already reflecting the final BPM calib (I think it
is just the raw fluctuations, not yet calibrated)?

page 18: "SYMB cross section": If I understand this correctly, this is
simply "counts divided by SC Lumi", so it is something like
"acceptance-integrated SYMB cross section".

Say something like 'realistic acceptance-intergated MC cross sections are
needed before SYMB lumi can be meaningful' -> work in progress.
"Run-by-run fluctuations due to beam position and slope will be properly
accounted for in MC"

page 21: the plot on the bottom right should be bigger, it shows that the
problem has been solved

page 22: make plots bigger

The other parts look fine to me.

Happy Easter and best regards