[Olympus] Fwd: Baryon 2013 at Glasgow

Inti Lehmann inti.lehmann at glasgow.ac.uk
Thu Sep 6 11:48:16 EDT 2012

Dear colleagues,

Please take note of the Baryon 2013 conference in Glasgow (see below). It s=
eems a very interesting conference, indeed. And a prime location from my pe=
rsonal experience.

Cheers,
Inti

PS: Sorry for possible cross postings.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Bjoern Seitz <bjoern.seitz at glasgow.ac.uk>
> Date: 6 September 2012 13:59:26 CEST
> To: Inti Lehmann <Inti.Lehmann at glasgow.ac.uk>
> Cc: "Lehmann, Inti Dr." <inti.lehmann at fair-center.eu>
> Subject: Baryon 2013 at Glasgow
> =

> Hi Inti,
> =

> Kannst Du mir vor Paris noch einen Gefallen tun ? N=E4chstes Jahr haben w=
ir eine tolle Konferenz hier. K=F6nntest Du bitte den circular an GSI/FAIR/=
PANDA weiterleiten ? Poster folgt.
> =

> Vielen Dank und auf bald,
> Bjoern
> =

> BARYONS 2013* 1st Circular
> =

> /Location:/  University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
> =

> /Date:/ June 24th - 28th 2013
> =

> /Brief description/
> The BARYONS series of international conferences started in 1970 at
> Duke University, and since then it has been held roughly every three
> years in important cities around the world. Following the successful
> conference in Osaka, Japan in 2010, the next in the series will be held
> in 2013 in Glasgow, Scotland. Detailed information can be found on the co=
nference webpage
> =

> http://nuclear.gla.ac.uk/Baryons2013/
> =

> The conference will highlight the physics of baryons and related
> subjects in particle, nuclear and astrophysics. The main issues to be
> discussed are our understanding of the structure and reactions of
> baryons from the fundamental theory of the strong interaction, Quantum
> Chromodynamics (QCD). In particular, the highly non-perturbative
> phenomena of quark confinement, mass generation and spontaneous breaking
> of chiral symmetry will be addressed.
> =

> Recent developments of new and forthcoming facilities in the world will
> also be showcased. We strongly encourage the participation of young
> scientists, including students and postdocs.
> =

> =

> /Topics/
> =95*Spectroscopy*
> Light/heavy flavor hadrons, Resonances, Exotics, Hadronic molecules, Spec=
troscopy and Lattice QCD
> =

> =95*Hadron Interactions*
> Meson-meson, meson-baryon and baryon-baryon interactions, Anti-proton int=
eractions
> =

> =95*Electromagnetic and weak interactions*
> Photo and electro productions of hadrons, P and CP-violating processes in=
 nucleons and nuclei
> =

> =95*Hadrons at finite density and temperature*
> The QCD vacuum, Chiral symmetry, Hadron properties, QGP, Heavy ion collis=
ions.
> =

> =95*Structure of hadrons*
> Form Factors, Structure Functions, GPDs, TMDs, Fragmentation functions, I=
ntrinsic heavy quarks distributions in baryons