[Olympus] OLYMPUS Collaboration Meeting 18-19 October, 2012

Douglas Kenneth Hasell hasell at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 12 17:26:18 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

	Next week, Thursday and Friday, 18-19 October, we will hold an OLYMPUS Collaboration meeting before the start of the data run which begins on 23 October.

	I will send out a draft agenda to the group leaders shortly.

	This meeting should concentrate of the status of all components for the coming data run.  In particular we would like to see a presentation from each component on:

 - results from the previous runs and tests,
 - work and/or tests that need to be done,
 - readiness to collect data, and
 - diagnostic tools available online to verify that everything is working.

	There are still several serious problems with the experiment that need to be fixed before we can collect useful data.  However, with the recent successful tests for running in top-up mode with a high target density we can still achieve our design luminosity provided we find and solve all the problems quickly.

	We need everyone's best effort for the next 10 weeks and the next week we hope to organise that effort.

Cambridge, MA 02139, USA                      E-mail: hasell at mit.edu