[Olympus] Acceptance Simulations

Alexander Kiselev kisselev at mail.desy.de
Thu Nov 15 03:53:24 EST 2012

  Good morning colleagues,

>   now, it would be great to see what happens if we would do the double
> ratio with B+ and B-.

  I suggest we treat these first results very carefully now (be neither
too optimistic nor too pessimistic). I understand at present we are
investigating pure geometric effects, right? Last time I looked into the
ToF MC, there was no attenuation included (so there was a single Edep
variable per paddle; perhaps this has changed already?). At some point it
would be great to see what happens if this effect is accounted, and some
a-la-trigger threshold set in the simulation. Handling edge inefficiency
as 1-2cm gaps can be the first - although instructive - approximation only.

  Regards,
    Alexander.