[Olympus] experiment MC comparison for MWPC lumi

Belostotski, Stanislav stanislav.belostotski at desy.de
Sun Aug 26 08:28:11 EDT 2012

Dear Michael, Jan, and all,
I agree that the  results are promising, however the numbers obtained
are by far not the final ones.
To answer to Michael's question, there are some considerations below.
The detection efficiency is C=C_geom x C_trig x C_track,
here C_track is overall track  reconstruction efficiency including MWPC
digitization. As Jurgen  mentioned last Friday, number of MWPC tracks
surpasses those of GEM by some 30% same track reconstruction program
being used. It is not yet certain that the ep elastic scattering tracks
only were selected such that   C_track (exp) could have been both larger
and less than 1.
  In the MC, to calculate the lumi count rate,  we find the C_geom and
averaged over MWPC1-3 acceptance cross section,  assuming that within a
MWPC sensitive volume detection efficiency is constant (=1), as well as
   C_trig= C_track=1.
Next step in the MC is to include digitization and track reconstruction
program  in the same way as the latter   treats an experimental data
sample,   while  C_trig is  to be experimentally determined.
In the exp data analysis joint GEM/MWPC track reconstruction, associated
  proton track inclusion  and additional kinematic cuts to make as clean
as possible the final data sample  are soon to come.
Then we hopefully come to the final conclusion.
With best regards StanB