[Olympus] OLYMPUS Review

Jan C. Bernauer bernauer at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 17 05:56:43 EDT 2012

Dear all,

  Please note that we should give a resolution for the luminosity
problem. Obviously, it is much better with the new target, but as it
stands now, we saw a missing factor of 4, but gained a factor of 8.
I don't think they will like that.
I know that the symmetric moeller was shifted, but that should be a
calculable effect. At least it should be possible to determine if an
additional factor 2 is feasable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the LumiGEMS also see an increase
of factor 8?
The livetime seems to agree too.

I can believe that we increased the flow by a factor of 8, but that
would mean our earlier estimates are wrong.

For comparison: Axel calculated around 13 nb for e/pos (p/neg) field,
and around 18 nb for p/pos (e/neg) field for the rate in the
Lumi-Scintillators, both sides combined.

Best,
Jan