[Olympus] SUPA Reader Position in Glasgow

Ralf Kaiser Ralf.Kaiser at glasgow.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 09:24:49 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

we have an open position for a Reader in Glasgow that has just been adverti=
sed.
I hope you don't mind me using this mailing list to bring it to your attent=
ion.
The position is roughly equivalent to an Associate Professor position in No=
rth America,
and most Readers get promoted to Full Professor after a few years.
If you are interested and have some questions, please contact my colleague
Dave Ireland (see below), or feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Ralf

------------------------

SUPA Reader in Nuclear Physics
University of Glasgow
College of Science and Engineering
School of Physics and Astronomy

Ref: E20028

Salary: Grade 9 =A346,696 - =A352,556 per annum

Full time post

You will lead, develop and sustain new research activity in Glasgow's
Nuclear Physics Group. You will strengthen existing collaborations in
nuclear physics, and seek new opportunities at world-leading facilities.
The group has an internationally recognised research programme in
nuclear physics, particularly in the areas of nucleon structure and
hadron spectroscopy.

SUPA is a major pooling initiative in which eight Scottish universities
have come together to form a research alliance in Physics. In close
collaboration with other Nuclear & Plasma Physics groups in SUPA, you
will also develop a research programme in a major new initiative in UK
Physics, the Scottish Centre for the Application of Plasma-based
Accelerators (SCAPA.).

The successful applicant will play a key role in developing and
implementing School strategy in research and teaching and participate in
the teaching of physics at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.

Informal enquiries may be directed to Prof. David Ireland, Nuclear
Physics Group Leader (David.Ireland at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:David.Ireland at glas=
gow.ac.uk>, Tel. +44 141 330 2223)

Apply online at www.glasgow.ac.uk/jobs<http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/jobs>

Closing date: 21st October 2011

The University is committed to equality of opportunity in employment.

The University of Glasgow, charity number SC004401.