[Olympus] DORIS Service Week

Jürgen Diefenbach juergen.diefenbach at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:42:50 EDT 2011

Dear Uwe,

Uwe Schneekloth wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>
> We have been asked by the machine group about our plans for the upcoming
> service week, 24. to 30.10. In particular when we would like to have access
> and when beam time. Please note that this is going to our last dedicated
> beam time before the first data taking period starting end of January.
> Please respond until Tuesday, 11.10.

as far as I can tell right now we will not need access to work on the
lumi GEMs. As it is planned to have access for the drift chambers
anyway, we would use this possibility - in case have anything ready
until the service week for the GEM self-trigger.
> Saturday, Oct. 29 is the DESY open house and night of science from noon to
> midnight. Many parts of DESY including a quarter of the HERA tunnel
> will be accessible. The DORIS tunnel will be closed, but we will open
> the entrance to the IR in order to give visitors a chance to take a look at the
> detector (14 to 20hrs).  Visitors will of course not be allowed to enter the
> detector. When the door is open, there will always be somebody of us around.
> Please let  me know if you will be around and can join us.

I will be available, but not from early morning on, because of the
beamtime. Maybe we could start around noon?

Cheers,

Jürgen

> Best regards,
> Uwe

> | Dr. Uwe Schneekloth
> | OLYMPUS
> | Deutsches Elektronensynchrotron
> | Notkestrasse 85
> | D-22603 Hamburg/Germany
> | Tel: +49-40-8998 2007  Fax: +49-40-8998 3092
> | email: uwe.schneekloth at desy.de

Jürgen Diefenbach

--

Hampton University