[Olympus] List of Olympus coordinators

Michael Kohl kohlm at jlab.org
Fri Jul 8 03:45:46 EDT 2011

Dear Stan,
thanks for your input.
Please allow us to explain our point of view of the subjects:

Regarding the OLYMPUS coordinator: Once we get into running mode we will
have run coordinators that will change periodically. The run coordinator
will also be responsible for the liason with DORIS.
Run coordinators will deal with the machine group and act as interface,
but the collaboration has to decide in advance what beam conditions are
desired.

It simply was forgotton to add the slow control coordinator to the list.
Sorry, this was not meant mean, but just oblivion. Anton will remain the
slow control coordinator. Note that he will need to spend significant time
at DESY in order to be able to coordinate in the appropriate way.

You are absolutely right that the sub-tasks of the offline coordinator
need to be split between various people.
2),3),4) are still bundled in "offline" but we anticipate to split up
analysis and simulation probably by the time of the next collaboration
meeting in September. The reason for this is that we would like to create
a common framework (data format etc.) such that simulated and measured
data can be analyzed with the same codes. This was discussed in detail at
the last collaboration meeting. Currently the raw data format is
developed.

We should also understand that there will be numerous "tasks" for which
any individual can volunteer to assume responsibility, and multiple
tasks need to be coordinated. Not every task needs a coordinator though.

On 5), the Radiative Corrections Workshop at MIT on July 30, 2011 will be
a start. We need to develop the best strategy how this should be treated.
The outcome of the workshop and recommendations by the theory experts will
be discussed at the next collaboration meeting.

Best regards
    Michael and Alexander