[Olympus] Workshop on Radiative Corrections

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 18 03:43:49 EST 2011

Dear OLYMPUS colleagues,
Bill Donnelly and I are organizing a workshop to discuss radiative corrections,
particularly to address issues relevant to the determination of the
contributions beyond single photon exchange in elastic electron proton
scattering. There is some information below. We will discuss it at next week's
OLYMPUS collaboration meeting at DESY.  Your input on the workshop is welcome.
best regards,
Richard

Workshop on Radiative Corrections in Electron-proton and Positron-Proton
Scattering
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Kolker Room 26-414, MIT, Cambridge, MA

Organizers: T. W. Donnelly and R. Milner
The OLYMPUS collaboration is organizing a one-day workshop to discuss the
calculation of soft-radiative corrections as a contribution to the ratio of
positron-proton to electron-proton elastic scattering.   Experiments are
underway or planned at Novosibirsk, JLab, and DESY to measure this ratio with
the goal of determining the contribution beyond single photon exchange in
elastic electron-proton scattering at multi-GeV energies. We plan to invite
theorists working on this problem as well as representatives of the three
active experiments.  The aim of the workshop is to establish a common analysis
framework for applying radiative corrections to the ratio measured in the three
experiments.
The workshop will be a satellite meeting to the PANIC conference at MIT on July
24-29, 2011.  It is anticipated that the morning will be occupied with
presentations and that the afternoon will be devoted to discussion.
Information on the workshop can be obtained from the organizers at
donnelly at mit.edu or milner at mit.edu.