[Olympus] Workshop on Radiative Corrections in Electron-proton and Positron-Proton Elastic Scattering

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 14 09:39:01 EST 2011

Dear colleagues,
We would like to invite you to the following workshop:

Workshop on Radiative Corrections in Electron-proton and Positron-Proton Elastic
Scattering
Saturday, July 30, 2011
Kolker Room 26-414, MIT, Cambridge, MA

Organizers: T. W. Donnelly and R. Milner

The OLYMPUS collaboration is organizing a one-day workshop to discuss the
calculation of soft-radiative corrections as a contribution to the ratio of
positron-proton to electron-proton elastic scattering.   Experiments are
underway or planned at Novosibirsk, JLab, and DESY to measure this ratio with
the goal of determining the contribution beyond single photon exchange in
elastic electron-proton scattering at multi-GeV energies.  The aim of the
workshop is to establish a common analysis framework for applying radiative
corrections to the ratio measured in the three experiments.

We would like to invite you to attend the workshop, which is organized as a
satellite meeting to the PANIC conference at MIT on July 24-29, 2011.  It is
anticipated that the morning will be occupied with presentations and that the
afternoon will be devoted to discussion.  Information on the workshop can be
obtained from the organizers at donnelly at mit.edu or milner at mit.edu.  Full
information on the PANIC meeting can be found at http://web.mit.edu/panic11/.
If you plan to come, we would appreciate a reply at your convenience. If you
would like to make a presentation, please indicate that.  We expect to
distribute a draft agenda some weeks in advance of the workshop.

with best regards,

Bill Donnelly and Richard Milner