[Olympus] Commissioning of DORIS with installed OLYMPUS target

Alexander Winnebeck winnebec at MIT.EDU
Fri Feb 11 10:50:33 EST 2011

Dear colleagues,

yesterday DORIS started operation and provides us with beam in the ring. Attached you can find a short summary of the things we have done in the last days for commissioning.
The DORIS ring is running very smoothly and we reached a life time of the beam of 2.5 hours. A beam current of up to 60 mA was filled.
Our systems are as well in good shape. We have a pressure in the target in the order of 6 x 10^-9 Torr and a target cell temperature of 56K. Most of our detectors were switched on and are working fine.
As soon as we have more details, you will be provided with those.

Thanks to all the people who made this first step of OLYMPUS becoming a success!

Cheers,
Alexander