[Olympus] First round of ROOT files -- Reboot of ocompile/orunctl this weekend

Christian Funke funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Fri Aug 26 07:04:16 EDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

I prepared the first round of ROOT files from the data files of the last
beamtime. The files are located under /data/tests/ROOTfiles on ocompile
Please note that these files are the first iteration and more information will
be added later.

Current status:
* ToF Data (ADC and TDC) -- okay
* Wirechamber (TDC) -- okay
* MWPC (raw binary) -- okay
* LUMI (raw binary) -- untested, but should be okay
* Table Data for ToF and Wirechamber -- okay

On my TODO list:
* Table Data for Lumi an MWPC
* Runinfo and eventinfo
* Triggerinfo

Since not all detectors were active all the time i recommend to check
oservice/rundb to find out which files you want to look at. To access the
files you will need libolympustree in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

This lib and a few examoles on how to access the data are in the olympus git
repository. I guess Jan will send an email on how to access this.

If you find any error in the files please drop me an email so i can look into
it.

Furtheron on ocompile there will be the directory /data/scratch. This
directory is meant for any intermediate or testfiles you may produce. It is a
local disc so it should be sufficiently fast. Please bear in mind that this
directory will *not* be backed up!!

In order to implement this it is neccessary to reboot ocompile. I plan to do
this saturday morning, so please make sure you logged out and saved your work.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Funke
Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik

Tel. : +49 228 73-3598
Fax  : +49 228 73-2505
EMail: funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de