[Olympus] Fastbus Readout

Christian Funke funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de
Wed Aug 24 08:18:06 EDT 2011

Hi colleagues,

Philipp tested the maximum possible readout rates for the two fastbus crates.
These numbers are not the numbers we will get during experimental running,
because they are measured
with no entries in the TDCs and it might be necessary to slow it down a bit
for stable running with data in the modules. We will do further tests to
investigate that during the next days.
At the moment the readout rates for the blast1 fastbus crate (one DC half) is
about 5 kHz. The readout rate in the other fastbus crate (other DC half and
TOF) is about 2.6 kHz.
If one were to move one ADC and one TDC from the blast2 crate to the blast1
crate, the whole system would run with about 3.1 kHz.
Again this numbers will get lower, when there are hits in the TDCs..

Regards

Christian
Philipp
--
Dr. Christian Funke
Helmholtz-Institut für Strahlen- und Kernphysik

Tel. : +49 228 73-3598
Fax  : +49 228 73-2505
EMail: funke at hiskp.uni-bonn.de