[Olympus] PRC70 - report

Belostotski, Stanislav stanislav.belostotski at desy.de
Sun Oct 31 08:17:31 EDT 2010

Dear Frank and colleagues,
On order to answer all the questions in the list( given below by Frank =

in his mail) of possible sources of false asymmetry in our experiment =

there must be done serious MC studies.I did a simple estimation only one =

item in the list: false asymmetry due to uncertainty in vertical and =

horizontal beam slope at the I.P. (attached file). The false asymmetry =

is calculated with the help of r(theta)=3DN'(theta)/N(theta)(1/deg.) functi=
on
plotted versus e-scattering angle in the attached file.
For example for 12deg.Lumi monitor r=3D0.3 (1/deg.). If slope uncertainty =

is 0.01 deg. ->  delta_theta =3D 0.01 deg.(azimuthal accep. is small for =

12deg.Lumi Monitor)
the false asymmetry is 0.3%.
We may continue discussion on other uncertainties at the meeting. With =

best regards stanB