[Olympus] Report on OLYMPUS review closeout

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 16 08:13:53 EDT 2009

Dear OLYMPUS colleagues,
Please find below my report based on written notes at last evening's closeo=
ut of
the OLYMPUS review.  It went well.  It is very much in our best interest to
address the requests.  I can coordinate the operating costs and resource lo=
aded
schedules.  I request that each group send me the list of Ph.D. physicists
(post-docs, research staff, faculty) who will devote more than 50% of their
research time to OLYMPUS in the next three years. Note that this is NOT FTE=
s. I
spoke with Joachim Mnich and explained that university faculty cannot spend=
full FTE on any one project (unless they are on leave) as we have many other
responsibilities such as teaching, administration, supervision, etc. I would
like to have this by Saturday September 25th at the latest.  I plan to prov=
ide
the review committee with the material they have requested shortly after th=
at
date.
best regards,
Richard