[Olympus] Finalizing the OLYMPUS TDR

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 22 15:57:49 EDT 2009

Dear OLYMPUS colleagues,
I am writing to propose that we finalize the OLYMPUS TDR in the next month or
so.  I suggest that you send me revisions and updates by Monday November 23rd
and I will distribute a new draft in advance of our meeting at DESY on November
30th.  We will have time on the agenda at the collaboration meeting to discuss
it and then we can finalize it shortly after that. In particular, I would like
to see

- the final layout of the target, vacuum system and DORIS beamline in the
vicinity of the experiment
- the design for the symmetric Moller/Bhabha luminosity monitor using the Mainz
shower counters developed
- the plan for GEM realization (including readout) for both luminosity monitor
and central tracking, as requested at the review
- higher statistics Monte-Carlo results for the detector performance parameters
- the simulation showing the required energy resolution to cleanly separate the
elastic events from the inelastic channel

with best regards,
Richard