[Olympus] OLYMPUS TDR August 29 draft

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 29 08:06:34 EDT 2009

Dear OLYMPUS colleagues,
At the url at the end of this message you can download the August 29th draf=
t of
the OLYMPUS Technical Design Report.  Note that there are 3 figures missing=
 in
section 3.3 and 2 in section 3.4. I had problems with figure compatibility =
in
this chapter and, under time pressure, dropped these - they are all figures
contained in the OLYMPUS proposal.  They will be included in the draft goin=
g to
the review committee.

This document includes contributions from the following:

Frank Brinker ? DORIS Storage Ring
Karen Dow ? alignment
Christian Funke ? Trigger and DAQ
Doug Hasell ? tracking upgrade and expected performance chapter
Jim Kelsey ? target vacuum design and figures
Michael Kohl ? luminosity monitor and new figure 1.8 comparing projected da=
ta
to different theoretical predictions
Axel Schmidt ? synchrotron radiation and collimators
Emma Tolley ? expected performance plots using the Monte Carlo

I have drafted chapters 5, 6, and 8.  I request your comments by 9 am on Mo=
nday
August 31st.  I will send the revised document to the technical review
committee later that day.  I will be reading email regularly all weekend.

Best regards,
Richard