[Olympus] OLYMPUS TDR status

Richard G Milner milner at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 26 11:33:05 EDT 2009

Dear OLYMPUS colleagues,
I am working on the OLYMPUS TDR. I am awaiting several contributions and ex=
pect
to have them on Friday of this week. I will work hard to get a draft to the
collaboration by the end of Friday (8/28). I will request feedback by 9 am =
on
Monday morning (8/31) Boston time.  I plan to send the revised draft to DESY
for distribution to the review committee by the end of Monday (8/31), as
promised.

I have drafted Chapter 8 on `Collaboration, Costs, and Schedule'.  It is
attached.  As it contains much relevant information for the review I ask yo=
u to
read it carefully and send me your comments by the end of Friday. If you ca=
n get
them to me sooner, that is even better. In particular,

- review the list of collaborators for each institution
- check carefully the numbers in Table 8.1.  The second column `Physicist F=
TE'
should include the effort of faculty listed in column 1.  In some cases I k=
now
this has been done.  In other cases, it appears to me that it has not been
done.  Remember these should represent an annual average over the lifetime =
of
the experiment approx. 2010-2012.
- the addition of more senior people will lower the operating cost bill for
everyone.  However, each senior person needs to have a clear responsibility=
 in
the experiment.

with best regards,
Richard