[Olympus] Proposal submitted to DESY PRC

Douglas Kenneth Hasell hasell at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 9 23:15:14 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

	This afternoon Richard Milner submitted the OLYMPUS proposal to the
DESY PRC.  I append the body of the accompanying message below.

	The proposal is available at:

http://web.mit.edu/2-photon/DOCUMENTS/Proposal-PRC-20080909.pdf

Cambridge, MA 02139, USA                      E-mail: hasell at mit.edu

Dear Rolf, Joachim, Young-Kee, and Naohito,

Please find attached the proposal to carry out the OLYMPUS experiment
at DESY.  It contains the scientific motivation and technical
description of the experiment and identifies the resources necessary
to carry out the definitive determination of the contributions beyond
single photon exchange to elastic lepton nucleon scattering.

We look forward to presenting the proposal to the DESY Physics
Research Committee at the upcoming meeting in Zeuthen on October 1 and
2.  If there are any questions or clarifications required, please do
not hesitate to contact us at the addresses above.

with best regards,