[mosh-users] [mosh-devel] Mosh 1.3.1 release candidate 2 available for testing

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas jca at wxcvbn.org
Sun May 28 11:15:29 EDT 2017

Hi,

I did not look precisely at problems reported by make check with
mosh-1.3.1-rc2 on OpenBSD-current; but here are the logs for ten make
check runs:

  http://autogeree.net/~jca/tmp/mosh-1.3.1-rc2-OpenBSD-make-check.tgz

grep ERROR: shows that emulation-80th-column exists with either FAIL or
ERROR.

John Hood <cgull at glup.org> writes:

> On 05/26/2017 21:21, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:
>> Keith Winstein <keithw at cs.stanford.edu> writes:
>>
>>> Thanks, Jeremie! Do these tests work with 1.3.0? (And if so, are you able
>>> to bisect this for us?)
>> emulation-scroll.test result: did not exist in 1.3.0
>>
>> So nothing to bisect, as far as I can see.  Log files for 1.3.0
>> attached, let me know if you need more information.
> OpenBSD-current, of course, has a prerelease version of tmux.

That's quite possible, but I don't know how the tmux changes in OpenBSD
and the tmux portable releases are related.

> Does mosh-1.3.1rc2 build successfully for you with OpenBSD 6.1?

Yup.

> I took a quick look at this.  I was able to reproduce the
> emulation-scroll.test failure in tmux 2.4 on FreeBSD 11.0 in tmux
> without mosh, which points both to an issue in tmux, and also to
> insufficient testing of the tests on my part :)
>
> I'll examine this a little more closely with the portable tmux soon.

ack, let me know if you need more data.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE